In his decades of pitching, presenting, and closing high-stakes deals, Oren Klaff has learned that people are sick of being sold to. What people love is coming up with their own great idea, even if it’s the same idea you were guiding them towards.
That’s why Oren is throwing out the old antiquated playbook on selling and bringing you a new approach with his brilliant new book Flip the Script.
He’ll show you a new approach that works on this simple insight: everyone trusts their own ideas.
That might sound easier said than done, but Oren has taught thousands of people how to do just that with a series of simple steps that makes it simple for anyone to follow.
Now, let’s talk to Oren Klaff and learn how to flip the script.
Highlights from the interview with Oren Klaff
- [5:17] How Flip the Script offers an alternative to the typical sales advice — it’s for people who want to grow their business without always “going for the close” and “growth hacking.”
- [10:01] Oren Klaff explains how technology has gamified the buying process, making it harder for sellers. Buyers want to know features, benefits, and ROI, but they instantly use that information to search for cheaper, better alternatives.
- [20:58] How to establish trust and certainty with a potential customer in just 90 seconds — and an example of the “status tip-off” in action.
- [35:00] The grueling negotiation that taught Oren Klaff the power of walking away (when you’ve done everything right in the sales process).
Resources and links
- Win a Day One-on-One with Oren Klaff
- Flip the Script, by Oren Klaff
- Pitch Anything, by Oren Klaff
- Oren Klaff on the Ability to Communicate and Pitch Anything
Monday: If you are anything like me and have too many tasks, ideas, and to-do lists in too many places, then Monday.com will enable you to get control.
Start your 14-day free trial by going to monday.com/hack. Then use the promo code HACK to get 10% off a paid account.