Following a brief career in criminal justice, he discovered assisted living for the elderly, and his path was changed.
Nearly 20 years ago, after working at two companies in the industry, he co-founded Aegis Living, one of the most sought-after assisted living facilities in the country.
Under his leadership as CEO, Aegis has grown to more than 30 locations in the Western U.S., employs more than 2,000 staff members, and to date has served more than 25,000 residents.
In this conversation, we cover:
- Why you need to believe in yourself as an entrepreneur (but not be stubborn)
- The 3 pillars that became the foundation of Aegis
- Why you should branch out into other businesses (and markets)
Highlights from the interview with Dwayne J. Clark
- [10:18] The people-first culture Dwayne intentionally created at Aegis.
- [15:12] The “black box of rejected ideas” that Dwayne used to build a company.
- [19:00] Recognizing the value in every experience, no matter how difficult.
- [20:00] Aegis' innovative group hiring process.
Now, let's hack…
Dwayne J. Clark
Links and resources
Blinkist: Right now, for a limited time Blinkist has a special offer just for our audience.
Go to Blinkist.com/hack to start your FREE 7-day trial.
Combin: Safe and organic promotion for your Instagram account.
To get started absolutely free, go to Combin.com.