Caroline Carter is a home transition expert and an entrepreneur.
She is the creator of the Perfect Listing, the Total Home Transition process and founder and CEO of Done In A Day.
Since 2005, she has partnered with over 2,000 homeowners and their agents with her unique approach of preparing the house to sell for top dollar.
Caroline's Total Home Transition process has been featured in local and national media including The Washington Post, The Washington Times, Washingtonian, Washington Home & Garden, The Northwest Current, Home, Fox News, HGTV, and The Wall Street Journal.
Now, let's hack…
Highlights from the Episode
- [6:15]: Caroline explains how entrepreneurs are truth-tellers. Her niche, real estate sales, revolves around what, for most people, is their largest asset. People tend to focus on the end game: what they can get for the house. The process can also be emotional, considering that it's their home. They don't necessarily want to hear about things they should do to improve the property's value — rather than seeing it as an asset, they process it very emotionally. Caroline focuses on having these difficult conversations with clients about flaws and problems with their property.
- [12:10]: Caroline explains that she's highly results oriented, with a focus on helping people reach the end goal of successfully selling their home for a good price. The process of transitioning to a new home is a “discoverable” process, she explains. She sees home staging as one small element of this process, which begins when someone decides to sell, and is complete only when the person has fully moved into their new home. There are tons of decisions that homeowners need to make during this protracted process, which can be difficult and disorienting. She helps people get to the end point of that process.
- [26:00]: Caroline discusses finding ways to deliver a message to a wider audience on a larger platform, in order to help educate consumers. As of December 2018, over five million homes had been sold. How many of them really got the price they were hoping for? Her goal is to arm people with education about what they need to know to avoid various pitfalls in the home selling process.
- [29:00]: When Caroline started her business, she was a recently divorced mother, and had to figure things out on her own — fast. She asked, “What can I do with my existing skills and abilities, which someone might be willing to pay for?” She made calls persistently to top people in the niche, until they'd agree to meet with her. She'd never imagined herself starting a business of her own, but when the time came, she embraced that idea and went for it. She had the time, the energy, and nothing to lose.
Links and resources from the interview
- Caroline Carter – Total Home Transition
- SMART MOVES: How to Save Time and Money While Transitioning Your Home and Life
- Caroline Carter on LinkedIn
- Caroline Carter on Twitter
Aircall: You can get set up with a no-risk 7-day free trial of Aircall in less than 3 minutes, no credit card needed!
Simply visit aircall.io/hack to access your 7-day free trial and make your teams’ phone calls as efficient as possible.