This ability is why she is here today. In this conversation, we work through the mindset struggles so many of us have had to deal with while making leaps of faith and jumping into new careers, whether those are into new industries or into entrepreneurship.
She has coached stay-at-home moms to become successful entrepreneurs and to keep their home life thriving and energized. As well as guiding countless others with the science behind changing our mindset and learning new skills.
Over the years, she has been invited across the globe to coach team leaders seeking better solutions to their unique challenges, and teams to maximize their personal and professional potential.
Now, let's hack…
Highlights from the interview
- [3:40]: The biggest contributor to Lyn's success is the “entrepreneurial two-step.” The first step is to set measurable, tangible goals or KPIs. The second is to leave things open, leaving space for growth and change in the objectives over time.
- [10:49]: Lyn discusses the neuroscience of intentions and aspirations, which are mediated by the prefrontal cortex, but with peripheral involvement throughout the body — including the nerves in the heart and digestive system. Cortisol, serotonin, and dopamine — among other neurotransmitters — catalyze what we experience as the emotions that drive our actions. Being in tune with those emotional responses is key for staying in touch with our ongoing goals and choosing the right actions to take to achieve them.
- [21:20]: The first thing Lyn asks of her new clients is what their core value system is, and what really matters to them. “What are you made of?” For people to be satisfied and feel a sense of success, it's essential that what they're doing is egosyntonic — that it fits with their deepest beliefs, values, and desires.
Resources and links from the interview
- TED Talk: “Head, Heart, and Gut Instincts Backed by Science”
- Hack the Entrepreneur Podcast: Sunni Brown
Monday: If you are anything like me and have too many tasks, ideas, and to-do lists in too many places, then Monday.com will enable you to get control.
Start your 14-day free trial by going to monday.com/hack. Then use the promo code HACK to get 10% off a paid account.