He spent the next six months knocking on door after door trying to land a job, with zero experience. Finally, a small HVAC company in Colorado gave him a shot and it changed the course of his life — he stayed with this company for 18 months learning the art of sales and running a small business.
Then he made his move and started his own HVAC company. Over the next five years, he grew this business to $20 million in sales before selling the business.
He is now a NY Times bestselling author, speaker, and sales trainer.
During this fast-moving conversation, we discuss:
- How to determine what you really want out of life and business.
- Why the biggest mistake you can make is not focussing on the right things.
- Why all businesses are sales companies.
Now, let’s hack…
Resources and links from the show
- Weldon Long
- Weldon Long on Twitter
- E-Myth Mastery, by Michael E. Gerber
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, by Stephen R. Covey