This position brought her around the world and gave her a glimpse into the economics of what she calls the broken fashion industry — and in this, she was presented with an opportunity to instigate change and build a business.
Jane Mosbacher Morris is the founder and CEO of TO THE MARKET. Her business uses technology to help retailers and brands provide transparency in the supply chain and manufacture products that are socially and environmentally responsible at competitive pricing. Since 2014, they have built a growing network of more than 100 suppliers in over 20 countries.
Jane has devoted her career to creating economic opportunities for vulnerable communities around the world, and she loves to share her passion and insights on how we, as consumers, big brands, or business owners, can create positive change too.
Highlights from the interview with Jane Mosbacher Morris
- [07:29] How to know when sacrifices are worth it.
- [10:12] Spotting opportunity in a broken fashion industry.
- [14:46] Why Jane decided to get an MBA while working full-time.
- [23:37] Deciding on projects, including writing a book.
Now, let's hack…
Jane Mosbacher Morris
Resources and links from the interview
- TO THE MARKET: Ethical custom goods, manufacturing, and sourcing.
- Jane Mosbacher Morris on LinkedIn
- Buy the Change You Want to See, by Jane Mosbacher Morris
Blinkist: Right now, for a limited time Blinkist has a special offer just for our
Go to Blinkist.com/hack to start your FREE 7-day trial.