Today’s entrepreneur coded up BuySellAds version 1.0 by himself and after waiting six months to get over the fear of releasing it, he finally launched it. Within two months he was making $5,000 a month and it has continued to grew from there.
BuySellAds.com is a self-funded startup. It is an advertising network targeting the design and development community. The company has been around for almost a 7 years and they currently do over $10 million in annual revenue.
Prior to founding BuySellAds, our guest was Lead Designer & SEO Specialist at HubSpot where he was among the first dozen employees.
He also owned and ran two niche hobby sites (CSSElite.com and 13styles.com) that led him to the idea behind BuySellAds.com.
Now let’s hack…
What you will learn in this episode:
- How to stumble onto a problem that a ton of other people have
- Let your products marinate before jumping straight into development
- The real reason why BuySellAds would acquire your company
- What it takes to completely ruin Todd’s day
- The hardest decision that Todd has to make as CEO and why he still isn’t 100% sure