He spent the next few years researching, testing, and developing his very own board game called Spontuneous before finally earning a full time living from game sales.
This journey has taken many turns from selling individual games from mall kiosks to getting the game into 600+ retail outlets before Rob finally discovered the power of Amazon sales.
In this conversation we discuss:
- How to use the threat of regret to push you forward
- Reaching out for advice to people in your marketplace
- Going from ranch manager to board game entrepreneur
Now, let’s hack…
Highlights from the interview
- [10:04] How Rob connected with other game inventors and found a manufacturer.
- [15:20] The hardest part of creating a board game.
- [19:54] The journey from a mall kiosk to retail stores to Amazon, where his sales finally took off.
- [27:37] Rob Ridgeway’s day-to-day life growing a board game company — including touring with a rock band and buying an RV.
Resources and links from the interview
- Get Spontuneous on Amazon
- The Farming Game
- New York Toy Fair
- The Tipping Point by Malcolm Gladwell
LinkedIn Marketing Solutions: Every day, over 500 million professionals engage with content on LinkedIn, and chances are, your future customers are among them!
To redeem a free $100 LinkedIn ad credit, go to LinkedIn.com/HACK.