Heath Padgett is a filmmaker, writer, RVer, and an entrepreneur.
After graduating college and taking a traditional office job like he thought he was supposed to do, he realized he wasn’t actually happy, and neither was his fiancée. So they decided to quit their jobs take a 50 state honeymoon.
Heath Padgett came up with the idea to travel 50 states and shine a spotlight on people who followed their passion or skill. Out of this trip came the documentary: Hourly America.
During the past year and a half, he has also worked a different job in all 50 states. On the side, he began building a blog about traveling in an RV, and it is quickly becoming his full-time business with some huge side projects on his plate.
Now, let’s hack…
In this 36-minute episode Heath Padgett and I discuss:
- The freedom that comes from leaving guaranteed opportunities for unknown prospect
- Balancing being on the road with finding new job opportunities
- Gaining valuable skills and experience before launching new ideas
- The importance of building products for your customers instead of the other way around
The Show Notes
- The RV Entrepreneur Podcast
- Jia Jiang's 100 Days of Rejection Series
- Losing my Virginity by Richard Branson
- Nathan Barry's CovertKit
- Heath on Twitter
- Jon on Twitter
- Show Sponsor: Braintree — To learn more about how your company can grow with Braintree, visit braintreepayments.com/hack
- Show Sponsor: 1,000 Maniacs — Claim Your Free Roadmap Now