After winning the Miss Singapore title for a second time, she started a retail coffee chain called Coffee: Nowhere. From 2014 to 2017 they grew this company to 60 employees across three countries before making a successful exit from the business and industry.
In 2015, she founded Soul Rich Woman, Southeast Asia's largest network of female entrepreneurs with over 12,000 members across 15 countries.
In this conversation, Jon and Genecia discuss:
- Her experience of shifting from being a beauty queen to becoming a full-time entrepreneur
- Why consistency is key to anyone's success (and how to nourish it)
- How to hire a virtual assistant that doesn't suck
Now, let's hack…
Highlights from the interview
- [3:35]: Genecia explains how consistency has been a major contributor to her success and has been important for her ability to get her story out there to people.
- [5:01]: Tips for finding a good mentor, including how finding someone you respect is more important than finding someone you idolize.
- [15:30]: Genecia shares her tips for finding the right hires. She explains that most people don't quite know the exact skill set they're hiring for. She recommends assigning job candidates a small paid test project before making a hiring decision.
Resources and links from the interview
Blowfish: Try Blowfish and get rid of your hangover right now!
Get 20% OFF your first purchase at forhangovers.com/hack.