As an author he writes Startup Fiction — yes, sounds odd. It is a bit, yet it’s awesome. I am just finishing his first novel UnCommon Stock Version 1.0. I have learned so much about the inner workings of a startup and VC funding and I can’t wait to dive into his newest and just released 2nd novel Uncommon Stock Power Play.
When he’s not hacking away at his next novel, he works with entrepreneurs and investors to build new technology businesses as a drop-in operator and adviser.
He has been an Entrepreneur-in-Residence at T2 Venture Capital where he accelerated portfolio companies, sourced deals and advised foreign governments on innovation policy and capital formation.
In his spare time he climbs rocks, surfs waves, and travels the world.
Now, let’s hack…
What you will learn in this episode:
- How traveling to a new country can help you thrive in business
- Take an idea to reality and then optimize for growth
- Why Eliot looks for weird deals
- Being relentless in business is not enough to succeed
- The last thing that you ever want to sacrifice with investors and partners