David Meerman Scott is an online marketing strategist and author of several books on marketing, most notably The New Rules of Marketing and PR with over 300,000 copies sold to date.
At the height of the dot-com boom, he was vice president of marketing at NewsEdge Corporation, an online news distributor with $70 million in revenue.
In 2002, after NewsEdge was sold he was fired.
Like any entrepreneur would do, he started his own business to refine his ideas, work with select clients and teach others through writing and speaking.
The marketing programs he has since developed are responsible for selling well over one billion dollars in products and services worldwide.
Now, let’s hack…
David Meerman Scott.
What you will learn in this episode:
- How The Grateful Dead started the first social networks
- Taking ideas that work in other markets and applying them to yours (to maximize your successes)
- David’s favourite rock concert ever was…
- Frame your work around what you love to do
Resources and links mentioned:
- David’s website
- Marketing Lessons From The Grateful Dead
- The New Rules of Marketing and PR
- The New Rules of Selling (SlideShare)
- Jack White live on Austin City Limits
- David on Twitter
- Jon on Twitter
- Our Awesome Sponsor: ActiveCampaign.com/hack Start your free trial today!