Today’s guest started his entrepreneurial journey after dropping out of college, getting a job and then being downsized in his early twenties.
He made some sacrifices, began investing in real estate, and realized he had a knack for it.
He went on to buy a franchise and put up billboards all over the city saying, “We Buy Ugly Houses.” He grew that business to be his first million dollar business and then sold it.
He then took some of the money and bought two retail stores. At one point each business was doing over $1 million dollars in revenue.
And before he knew it, he had become a true entrepreneur; The only problem was he was working 80+ hours per week and couldn’t scale.
He decided to design his life first and then build a business strategy around it — this is how it should be done — and he started buying online businesses, increasing their value and potential and selling them.
He has now purchased over 10 businesses and he is only getting started.
Now, let’s hack…
What you will learn in this episode:
- Why you shouldn’t start a business when you can buy one
- Focus on turning one dollar into two
- Why you don’t want to play the entrepreneurial lottery
- You don’t need intellectual brilliance to succeed
- Entrepreneurs have a natural tendency towards positivity