Patrick McGinnis is a venture capitalist, private equity investor, author, and 10% Entrepreneur.
He spent a nearly a decade on Wall Street before becoming the founder and managing partner at Dirigo Advisors. At Dirigo, he invests in, advises, and holds a diverse portfolio of companies across the U.S., Asia, and Latin America.
Patrick McGinnis is also the author of the brand new book “The 10% Entrepreneur”, written to help you live your startup dream without quitting your day job.
Now, let’s hack…
In this 43-minute episode Patrick McGinnis and I discuss:
- Creating a supportive network of talented individuals that you can tap into for the entirety of your career
- The importance of aligning a business idea with the passions and strengths of its founder
- How Patrick turned his unfortunate career circumstances into the concept of “The 10% Entrepreneur”
- Striking a balance between humility and confidence when pitching new ideas
The Show Notes
- The 10% Entrepreneur by Patrick J McGinnis
- Patrick on Twitter
- Jon on Twitter
- Show Sponsor: One Day Builds–The first 15 listeners to fill out the form at Onedaybuilds.com/hack will get $150 off their website and a free WordPress Cheat Sheet!