Jay Coyle is a music geek, marketer, drummer, and an entrepreneur.
He spent the earlier part of his career in marketing for EMI Group in Nashville. After realizing that he was slowly becoming unemployable, my guest ventured out on his own.
For the past seven years, Jay Coyle has been growing and running Music Geek Services, a direct-to-fan consulting company helping artists think like fans. He is also an instructor at Berklee School of Music Online.
Now, let’s hack…
In this 41-minute episode Jay Coyle and I discuss:
- Having a supreme passion for the work you do every day
- Being an internal optimist (to deal with external negativity)
- There is zero security in being an entrepreneur (and why that’s okay)
- Learning this lesson: “It’s okay to fail and make a mistake”
- A business is successful when it gives you the freedom to do what you want
The Show Notes
- Music Geek Services
- Jay on LinkedIn
- Jay on Instagram
- Jay on Twitter
- Jon on Twitter
- Show Sponsor: 1000 Maniacs
- Show Sponsor: Mott & Bow: Promo Code – Hack