Andrei Mincov became a copyright lawyer 20 years ago when his father, a famous Russian composer, heard his music being played in an ad on the radio without his permission.
He spent the first 8 years of his legal career in Russia working for one of the largest law firms in the world. But in 2007, he moved to Canada, went back to law school for another three years, and then received his Canadian law license.
Andrei Mincov then focused on building his practice, Mincov Law, until the summer of 2015 when he gave up his license to move his business fully online and help more clients.
He is now the founder of Trademark Factory, a service that aims to make trademarking your ideas simple, fast, and efficient.
Now, let’s hack…
In this 39-minute episode Andrei Mincov and I discuss:
- Everything is a learnable skill if you put your mind to it
- How not thinking as a lawyer helped Andrei grow his business
- The importance of realizing that your time is not worthless
- If your idea is worth promoting, it is worth protecting
The Show Notes
- Mincov Law
- Trademark Factory
- Rich Dad, Poor Dad
- Built To Sell
- Andrei on LinkedIn
- Jon on Twitter
- Show Sponsor: Your Maniacs Are Waiting … 1000 Maniacs